Friday, July 14, 2006

.......

From me to Miss Indonesia, Nadine Chandrawinata.

First, pardon me about laughing my ass off on your world wide interview. Listening her answers gave me goosebumps. Hard to believe? Unfortunately it was true.

She is surely a beautiful and smart looking gal. But her English speaking capability simply doesn't match her appearance. Her biography mentioned speaking English FLUENTLY. Fluent is such a strong word, very strong!Man, it was such a disgrace!

Why can't she just speak her native language a.k.a Indonesian language??why?why?at least it'd saved her (and us) from humiliation. And she might be able to give a more decent answer.oh well, mungkin orang punya pikiran yang beda2...

It doesn't mean I have a very good English myself. Nope. Far from perfection, but at least gua cukup tau diri.She might nervous, but come on...you ARE Miss Indonesia and competing in Miss Universe (UNIVERSE!) pageant, you should know these things are on your way. You are our ambassador. You are obligated to do better than that.

So Nadine, good luck on promoting our 'lovely' country.

Note: This is just piece of my mind, my opinion. If you don't like it, get over it! This is my space! And again, this is the internet, you know you can find all sort of things in this cyber world. Ciao!

No comments: