Wednesday, December 08, 2010

mi casa no es su casa


Few people knew I'm a very private person when it came to my properties; i.e: room, house, car, clothes, shoes etc. Basically, everything I owned. You get the picture. Hence, I can be really fussy when one come near (barely touch) my properties without me inviting or offering him/her.
Call me possessive or whatever, like I care.

Saying that, I am well aware sometimes my very-private-behavior can be a pain in my ass.

I have place for everything (read: EVERYTHING), really!
A small example: My desk. I organized my desk with a purpose, which to ensure that I, the owner of the desk, can get everything I need without have to hustle and bustle.
I don't mind they borrowing my stuff, but please keep in mind to be responsible and return it exactly where you get it. Why is it so hard? Am I asking too much?

Let's talk about my car.
Hell, I love my car. I took a damn good care of my car. It's clean (not always, but I try my best to keep it as clean as I can). It's tidy. It's organized. It smells good.

Few rules in my car:
No food allowed (especially something oily, soup of any kind), therefore no eating (or munching) in my car. Hard candy is tolerable, chocolate bar and ice cream are not. Food smells the car, the whole car. It's disturbing!
No colored drinks allowed (as much as I love coffee, I NEVER drink coffee in my car). I can tolerate mineral water.
Max passenger including the driver is four. Five is tolerable, depends on the situation. But five is THE max, regardless my type of car. If I had more than five, you'd see my grumpy face.
No feet or toe on the dashboard. It's simply impolite. Please behave.
Do not step on the side frame of the car when you are going into the car.
Check your shoes/sandals for any mud before you get in. If you have any, please make sure you clean it before you step into the car. Any attempt of cleaning would be great appreciated.
No complaining about how my car looked like, the suspension or any kind. You are riding in my car. I do you a favor. Keep your comments to yourself. Only positive and constructive comments are welcome.

Now move to my house, shall we?
I hate being a host. I really do. My house is my personal area. Therefore, I barely ask people to come and visit my house. But when I decided to invite you, I am inviting you with all my heart.
I drew a pretty thick line between my house and others.
If you are really nice and really responsible or if I knew you well or if you are my immediate family, I might invite you to come, hang around, and maybe spend few nights.
When you took a shower in my bathroom and using my towel without asking for my permission, it was WAY over the line! It was unacceptable!! No laughing matter!!

I think what I'm trying to say is, "mi casa no es su casa."

No comments: